- Huge comeback week for the entire Packers roster. Top to bottom just simply outplayed the Redskins.
- After solid performances last week, LT David Bakhtiari and RT Don Barclay regressed. While the game was still close, Rodgers was pressured a bit too and the Redskins had more hits than needed against the franchise.
- Welcome to 2013 James Jones.
- Impressive showing by James Starks, but also credit the Packers offensive line and guys like John Kuhn and Andrew Quarless for leading the way and opening up up huge holes against an underrated front 7. Special shout-outs to the Packers interior linemen, C Evan Dietrich-Smith, LG Josh Sitton and RG T.J. Lang for an improved performance. Look for a post later this week charting all of Starks’ carries.
- Troy Aikman mentioned over and over how much the Redskins struggled with up the middle pressure. Capers must’ve seen the same thing. Dialed up blitzes with 6 and even 7 men more than a handful of times.
- CBs Sam Shields and Tramon Williams for improved tackling this season, but as the game got out of reach, the Packers’ poor tackling re-appeared.
- Mike Daniels is a really solid player.
- @jenbielema, Brandon Meriweather getting a concussion is the definition of karma. Never want to wish injury on a guy, but despite overtures from the leagues and a multitude of fines, he still manages to lead with the crown of his helmet.
- An inspired outing from the entire Packers defense, but RGIII still just doesn’t look right. Combine that with a suspect secondary, and the Redskins could be on the outside looking in to return to the playoffs.
- James Starks? Johnny Jolly? Shades of 2010. Did something happen that season?
- Another strong front 7 beckons next week as the Packers travel to Cincinnati before their Week 4 buy.
Tag Archives: Johnny Jolly