- Injuries injuries injuries
- Seneca Wallace, it was nice knowing you. What’s Matt Flynn’s number again?
- Anyone who is a Packers and a Badgers fan probably NEVER thought that Scott Tolzien would be starting for the Packers in any real game.
- That being said, Tolzien played fairly well all things considered. Showed much improved velocity on his throws and the ability to make that 15 yard out.
- Jarret Boykin is here to stay. The Packers will likely let James Jones walk and feature a top 3 of Nelson, Cobb and Boykin as their top 3 WR. I also wouldn’t be surprised if they used a 2nd round pick on a WR. That group desperately needs an infusion of talent after those three and the Packers struck out with their late picks at the position in 2013.
- Dom Capers might want to get working that resume of his in order. The offense wasn’t great, but the defense was horrid, especially the back 4. Morgan Burnett is decent but he’s no savior. Tramon Williams is a step slow and M.D. Jennings might be one of the 5 worst starting safeties in the league. Aaron Nagler mentioned on twitter that Dom was playing checkers while Eagles Head Coach Chip Kelly was playing chess. Dom seems to be able to really ramp up the pressure against average and below quarterbacks, but routinely beat by potent offenses. The defense lost a very winnable game.
- Packers didn’t seem to be getting the breaks after the DeSean Jackson and Riley Cooper touchdowns, but I didn’t think the Nick Foles forced fumble by Tramon Williams would be overturned.
- Nice to have Clay back, but he clearly wasn’t himself. Datone Jones played solid, but the Packers are going are going to need someone besides a healthy Clay and Mike Neal for this defense to be better than average.
- Just cut Marshall Newhouse already.
- Free Jonathan Franklin. Lacy and to a lesser extent Starks have been great, but neither have game-breaking speed. Franklin got put in the doghouse because of some early fumbles, but this offense is desperate.
I profusely apologize for going dark for the better part of 5 weeks. My computer went haywire and I started a new job. Not a great excuse I realize, but I do want to make it up to my few but loyal followers. If there is ANYTHING you would like me to review the tape of in any Packers game this season, whether that’s how good Eddie Lacy has been or what impact Jordy Nelson has made or how effective Datone Jones has been in his limited snaps in the nickel. I realize not having content is basically the nail in the coffin for any blogger, and I would like to make it up to you all. Thanks for reading!